Translate

~secret code stuff~

 photo README2.gif

Currently (2023) my most updated blog is everlasing.

Spaz is a useful side blog for sorting other stuff out.

Monday, June 5, 2017

Pinky sent me to my room until I can behave better


One of the fun things I deal with is diabetes affecting fibro, like neuropathies on top of a nerve disorder, which ramps fibro up from the vague chronic to the immediately acute in very specific locations, and the best way I describe how it feels is like mini gout spread out in joints all over my body. I say mini because I'm not wailing and flailing, but definitely limping, easing, and grunting my way delicately around the house as an old sciatica flare suddenly ages me 30 years and every toe and finger joint feels broken and my elbows whine about every move I make with my arms.

That's the kind of stuff that gets me really smart. I dig around in the webs and learn stuff about purines and uric acid and medication side effects and how common a lot of this stuff really is.

Oh, baclofen, how ye stabbed myne backe. Heavenly addictive, cruelly mocking, and secretly cranking up the ol' glucose knob, which over time floods my body with trash that my kidneys can't move out fast enough. What a hilarious thing, right? A pain med that is heavenly actually jacking up my pain more horribly than it was in the first place.


This is nothing new. I've been here before, many times. Years of meds, years of weird pain reactions, years of peeling back off meds and recovering.

So how long does recovery take? Because I gots things to do. *looks at watch*

Priority is giving my body time to get the trash out without heaping more on. May was a jolly month and full of good food, and baclofen makes it soooo easy to join the fun. SO. Junk food stopped (ketone buildup) *check*. Stopped most of the animal protein (purine backlog) *check*. Exercise is mild and low key (uric acid buildup) *check*. All over hydration (taking out the trash) *check*. Joint pain less acute today than yesterday *check*. But this is obviously going to take a few more days. I used to joke about hitting my wall, well, I'm STUCK IN THE WALL. My body is all wtf how did we get in this wall?

I actually disagree with this pain chart. I'm not a smiley sort of person. I always look a bit 4-5 on the upper row. If I'm hitting a 9, I probably look kinda stabby because people sort of stand back a little.


My blood sugar is coming down a little. Random check on empty stomach today was 102. It needs to be hitting 86-92 range for optimal. That's when I feel really good and have energy. Doctors don't fuss over it until it goes over 126, by then it's affecting organs and you need meds or a very big lifestyle change to slow that down. If I'm hurting all over at a steady random of 107, that's a great big red flag. Took awhile to figure that out. Life grinds to a stop if I'm not controlling. Those of you laughing because it's not something like 140 and you're used to 160+, I'll share that I've clocked anxiety attacks at 140 glucose without fail and nasty headaches by 200. If you are having headaches and anxiety attacks AND you are diabetic and eating junk, I swear that can all stop.

But yeah, I hit that big anxiety out of a dead sleep couple nights ago, and that's when it really got through that the baclofen is no joke and maybe I need to decide just how much I'm willing to get wrecked back up in trade for freedom from a perceived pain level.